9/27/15

Correction on 2007 Lead Paint Recall

Watch for Red Engine with Yellow Trim

I just discovered that the mostly red and white GeoTrax train engine, part of Special Track Pack set K3013, that was recalled for lead paint violations in 2007 is not quite the one I thought it was.

The recalled engine had yellow trim for the ladders and (what I think are) horns on top of the cab. Those horns may be lights. My apologies to those who know more about them than I.

A similar engine (set H5705) was also produced that has silver paint in those spots instead of the yellow. This engine is just fine.

You can see pictures of each here at GeoTrax Packs.

I wish I hadn't mistakenly thrown away several engines that I thought were the recalled ones. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughtful thoughts. You comments will be moderated soon.