7/26/15

GeoTrax Videos - My Next Big Project

Creating Videos of GeoTrax Sets in Action, But First...


As you may already know (or have guessed), I have a lot of GeoTrax sets. They reside in various rooms of my home mostly on shelves I've purchased just for this purpose. Some are simply in stacks of boxes on the floor.

All of these sets were fairly well organized but not quite as well as I wanted them to be. So right now I'm in the middle of reorganizing them, so I can find what I need more easily and quickly. I should be finished with this task soon - hopefully by the end of this week.

When I'm done with the reorg, I plan to create some GeoTrax videos.

One GeoTrax Set, One GeoTrax Video


Still photographs, such as those currently on GeoTrax Packs, are wonderful for showing the pieces you get in each set. However, they don't give you a sense of all the fun you can have with them.

So here's what I intend to do: I want to make a short video for each GeoTrax set (that I own) showing what you can do with it.

Some of the larger (usually starter sets) have many moving parts. Sometimes you can use the train to activate a building. Normally you can manually make such actions happen too.

Some sets have remote controllers that make trains (and other types of vehicles) move and make sounds.

Some of the smaller sets have pieces you control by hand only. Though these may seem unimportant to you at first, your child probably will disagree. Sometimes all a child wants is a simple toy. (Clanging pots and pans, anyone?)

This will probably take weeks, if not months, to complete all the videos that I have in mind right now. Watch for the first of them in the next two or three weeks. I'll be posting them on YouTube and linking to them from GeoTrax Packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughtful thoughts. You comments will be moderated soon.